Refresh this page to be sure you have the latest.
This version expires July 1, 2021. The version is
2.00b16. There should be an updated one soon.
Habi Makeover Beta install v2.00beta16
The app allows you to work with items from downloaded SPP Lite Habitat files.
You can also save your items into an inventory folder on your computer and you can
send your latest creation to your profile page on the Habi Makeover Community site.
New installation method
⚠ If you get a blue warning window saying "Windows protected your PC"
stopping an unrecognized app from starting, click "More info" and "Run anyway". Apps that you
get directly from this site are safe, even though they don't contain publisher information.
To install or update, right-click and save the appropriate one of
the following files, then manually install it by double-clicking the file where you
* The "no Flash" versions are missing pictures for clothing temporarily,
but you can still click on the "no picture available" space to add those items.
The Pet Salon is currently unavailable to those who do not have Flash.
† The shared Adobe AIR runtime is not currently available for download,
but AIR is bundled with the Windows versions. If you don't have it on your Mac, it should
again be available for download in the second half of January, 2021.
‡ This version contains a Pet Salon with no preview image. Hopefully, this will be
replaced soon by a fully functional one. See the "Enable Flash" below to use Flash Player in
HMO past January 11, 2021.
- Once the program has been installed, you can delete the installer that you downloaded.
This allows you to use Flash for HMO on Windows past the End of Life date. Please contact Neil
if you are using a Mac.
- Download this zip file and open it: EnableFlashforHMO.zip
- In this folder, double click on "install" or "install.bat"
- Try Habi Makeover. If it was successful, you should be able to see the clothing in the Add Items
tab. The Pet Salon is not fully functional. The preview image is invisible, but you can click OK to
add the changed pet to your habitat.
- Once it works, you can delete the zip file. There will be another version once I solve the Pet
Salon preview problem.
IMPORTANT: If you haven't updated since August,
2016, you must
uninstall the old Beta version. Sorry for the inconvenience.
On Windows, go to "Add or delete programs" and uninstall the old Habi
Makeover Beta before installing this new one. You won't lose
- This version expires July 1, 2021. There will be a new version
at that time which you will be required to install. You will be sent back to this page at that time.
- This is the latest beta test version of the new Habi Makeover.
- This will install as a separate program from the regular Habi Makeover program.
- These beta versions will contain bugs. Please report any bugs to email@example.com
- You will require an Internet connection to set up this beta version for the first time. It will check your member number and PIN
so that you don't have to enter those each time. You will also need Internet access to use the new "Add from server" function.
- You will get warnings about it being from an unknown origin.
See more installation notes below.
New features in 2.00beta16
New features in 2.00beta15
New features in 2.00beta14
New features in 2.00beta11
- Date extension
- Adjustment of spacing and margins to give full width to the news screen and
the upload screen
New features in 2.00beta10
New features in 2.00beta09
- Help tab added with preliminary content
New features in 2.00beta07
New features in 2.00beta06
- New tab feature to main functions
New features in 2.00beta05
- Missing status messages (lists of items, "about the program") corrected
New features in 2.00beta04
- Pet Salon moved to the regular button row.
- Multi-room habitat names displayed and searchable.
New features in 2.00beta02
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Search within categories.
New features in 2.00beta01
- You can now add a "message" (voice bubble) using the New Pet Salon button.
- Better fitting for Old Accessory items.
- Buddies can now be used.
- New built-in viewer instead of SPP Lite.
- "Search and add from server" replaces "Item name lookup." Any SPP item can be added from the Internet
even if you don't have it on your hard drive. (HMO cash items still need to be on your hard drive.)
- Much better item name searching including some words that are not in the item name.
New features in 1.08beta06
- New cancel button in the new test pet salon.
- No longer a need to click the ANIM button after changing pet colours and patterns.
You will receive a warning similar to the following:
The installer warns that you should only install from sources that you trust. As long as
you have downloaded or installed from habimakeover.com, you should feel confident that the
program is perfectly safe for your computer.
At some point, you may also receive a warning from any firewall program that you have.
In my computer, I use ZoneAlarm, so I got one like this:
The program needs to access the Internet (both sending and receiving) in order to work properly,
so you should allow this access. It needs these permissions in order to verify your user number
and PIN, to send finished habitats to the website, and to access the item name lookup function.
It also needs to be able to start SPP Lite and you may get a warning about that.
If you are getting an error message saying "Installer file is damaged" try turning off your
anti-virus program temporarily. If the problem is not solved by that, follow the steps
on the following page:
to do if you are getting a "File is damaged" error.